Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Most Incredible LEBARAN

LEBARAN = Eid Mubarak
KETUPAT = Rice cake boiled in a rhombus-shaped packet of plaited young coconut leaves
OPOR = meat or chicken dish cooked with coconut cream and various spices.

Common activity in Lebaran day in Indonesia are Eid pray in a large field or grand mosque, silaturahmi, eating ketupat with opor, and then visiting relative home.

So in this lebaran, i try to follow that common activity, with a little mess everywhere. When my dad cannot reach Cirebon, so we go straight to Bandung, we arrive at Bandung at 2 PM, before we go my brother house at Bumi Panyawangan Cileunyi Bandung, we looking for somebody to accept our Fitrah obligatory alms, but along the way, we didn't find any. So we decide to go sleep first and continue it tomorow.

8 PM next day, i just woke up, the Eid pray is already done, so i missed it, then i go bath, dress up and eat ketupat with opor, hemmmmm yummy.....after 1 month fasting.

Then i go to my sister house where my dad is stay, forgive each other with my dad and brother, sister. Then go to my aunt house......and so on. Uhhh such a boring Lebaran day........

No comments: