Monday, October 6, 2008

Ziarah = a devotional visit to a sacred place

Day three at Cirebon........

Early in the morning we go to the village which my mom's rest in peace. It takes 30 minutes from Cirebon up town to Sindang Laut direction....

Once we came to village we go straight to the grave, cleaning the grave from grass, watering the soil and take a pray for her....

After that we going to my grand pa's house. It's a big old house with wide yard and fish pond.....I see my cousins, my aunt.......

this is my last fasting day.......and it's quite hard, i feel so thirsty, hungry, limp.....uh it's must be because of the weather, Cirebon is so hot.

Actually we mean to celebrate the Eid Mubarak here but then my dad call from Bandung, he had an obstacle, his car was on strike on the way to Cirebon next to my sister house at East Bandung, there is no hope he can continue the trip, so we decide to follow him to Bandung and celebrate the Eid Mubarak there.

So then after have our last breakfasting, we go to Bandung. This time is my turn to drive, i drove slowly from Cirebon - Kadipaten - Jatiwangi - Majalengka - Sumedang but until Cadas Pangeran i can't continue driving because the track was to dangerous for me, it's a narrow street, ascending and curve, so i let my brother to drive again.

at 2 PM we arrive to Bandung, sleep at my brother home Bumi Panyawangan Cileunyi....Huhhhhh so weary

No comments: